Monday 29 April 2013

Update

Hi Everyone! Sorry it's been so long since my last post, but here is a quick update on the situation! A few weeks ago during the holidays I had my one year post transplant appointment with the haematologist. I still can't believe that it was a year ago! Bloods were fine and he said come back again in 3 months! A rather unremarkable (in a good way!) appointment! He wasn't concerned in the slightest which is always a nice feeling! My parents still worry every time we go to see him and get a bit nervous, but I always say to them, that we've heard the worst thing, so everything else is always a positive!

I also had a follow up appointment with the rheumatologist, who I hadn't seen for a while and it was a bit weird being back in the same place where I was diagnosed.  It always freaks me a out a little bit! She was happy to see me and was happy with my progress and wasn't concerned with my muscles after doing a few checks. A couple of days before we saw her, my arms started to itch and they were very hot. She had a look at them and wanted me to go back to the dermatologist as she wasn't sure whether it was just foliculitis which is very common or the start of the dermatomyositis rash again and wrote an urgent referral for me to be seen by my dermatologist asap.

A few nervous days of waiting, I managed to get an appointment with her, because she had had a cancellation. She was also happy with my progress as I hadn't seen her since the shingles debarkle... She had a look at my arms and they weren't as hot as they had been in the previous few days. She explained that due to all the chemo and the original dermatomyositis, my skin is a lot more sensitive then it would have been beforehand and that it was only a form of eczema and nothing to worry about and that it is a common symptom post chemotherapy. PHEW! That was the best news I could have asked for, as I really didn't want to have to start the whole thing again!

I am due to go back to the eye doctor soon, so will update again then!

No comments:

Post a Comment